What is Wage Subsidy Programme (WSP)?
This is a salary subsidy programme by government for employers during MCO period with following conditions:
- Employees who registered and contributed to EIS with salary below RM4,000. (RM600 subsidy for every eligible employee for 3 months)
- Maximum subsidy up to 100 employees for one company (max. RM60,000 per month for 3 months)
- Employers experiencing more than 50% decrease in their income for February and March if compare with their income in January.
- There is no retrenchment or imposing unpaid leave or forcing a wage cut for 6 months. (i.e from 1/4 – 1/10)
- PSU 50 declaration form
- Sales or financial report signed by management (proof of decrease in company income)
- Employees name list (max. 100)
How to apply?
Application starts from 1st April 2020
You may refer to the link: https://prihatin.perkeso.gov.my/
- Declaration Form PRU50：https://www.perkeso.gov.my/images/pengumuman/psu/Akuan_Pengisytiharan_PSU50_legal_edit.docx
- List of Employees: https://www.perkeso.gov.my/images/pengumuman/psu/Borang_Senarai_Pekerja.xlsx
This article was published by Wong Wei Fan & Co for public awareness and sharing purposes. The content in this article does not constitute legal advice on any particular matter and should not be taken as a substitute for legal advice. Contact us or your lawyer for independent legal advice.
Kindly contact us at should you have additional questions relating to performance of contract and debts recovery issues due to Covid-19 MCO.